Welcome to our journey empowering at-risk youth in our community. We invite you to meet them and join us!
Organizational History and Program Growth -
The organization has grown to include 3 summer programs and 1 mentoring program during the school year. We are currently working on adding a life skills program for the teens:
- 2014 - hosted Royal Family KIDS summer camp
- 2016 - began RFK Mentoring Program
- 2017- began Trust-Based Relational Intervention summer camp program
- Summer 2017 partnered with Alaska Center for Resource Families (ACRF) to host a community TBRI training
- June 2018 partnered with Office of Children's Services and Church on the Rock to host TBRI training for social workers
- Summer 2018 and 2019 partnered with ACRF and Church on the Rock to host two more community TBRI trainings
- August 2019 hosted first teen camp - Teen Reach Adventure Camp
- December 2019 reached a record of 18 mentors mentoring 20 foster children in the Mat-Su!!
Founding History and Non-Profit Special Moments -
The organization was founded in 2014 by Rachel Olson with the tremendous support of passionate volunteers. Rachel and her husband Trevor are therapeutic foster parents and have fostered 27 children and teens in their home in the severely emotionally disturbed category over the past decade. With volunteer support, they began branching out to offer more support to at-risk youth in the community.
- 2017 director (Rachel) was trained in Texas as a Trust-Based Relational Intervention (TBRI) Practitioner (trauma-informed model of care) at the Karyn Purvis Child Development Institute
- 2017 Sarah Hall, accountant, began preparing our QuickBooks pro bono - such a blessing!
- For 2014-2018 director was recognized as 5 year director for the original summer program Royal Family KIDS Mat-Su
- 2015-2018 director served on the Social Work Examiner Board for the State of Alaska
- February 2019 the IRS approved our 501c3 tax exempt status
- April 2019 we signed a contract for non-profit office space in the Mat-Su Health Foundation building
- April 2019 we hired our first admin staff
- May 2019 director received a 2019 First Lady Volunteer of the Year Award and flown to Juneau for a ceremony at the Governor's Mansion
- November 2019 we hired our first accountant
- January 2020 board approves part-time executive director salary, big milestone!